Plastic Y Strainer
MVS Plastic Y Strainer comes in different materials like polypropylene (pp, pph) and pvdf in size range of 25 mm to 80 mm. All Plastic Y strainers are DIN or ANSI flanged.
PVDF Y Strainers protect piping system components from damage caused by dirt or debris in the process media. They cost less than other types of strainers and are light weight and very compact.
Each plastic y strainer comes standard with one plastic pp or stainless steel screen. All screens have an open area at least twice that of the equivalent pipe size cross-sectional area to minimize pressure drop. Plastic Y Strainer are suitable for Horizontal or vertical installation.
Plastic Y strainer are compact and light-weight compared to basket strainers, but need to be cleaned more often. During cleaning, fluid trapped in the plastic y strainer will drain out and must be dealt with.
Our basket strainers are available in corrosion-resistant plastics such as PVC, CPC, PP, and PVDF, as well as fiberglass, and offer greater temperature resistance and chemical compatibility than traditional iron, steel, and bronze strainers.
Plastic Basket strainers are easier to clean then y-strainers and recommended for applications with a high flow rate.
Technical Specification of Plastic Y Strainer
1) Construction : One Piece Design, Full Bore.
2) Design & Manufacturing Standard : As per Manufacturer’s Standard
3) Size Range : 25 mm to 100 mm (Three Piece Body – Flanged), 25 mm to 100 mm (Single Piece Body – Threaded Ends)
4) End Connections : Flanged as per ANSI B 16.5 (150#), BS 10 (Table D/E/F) & DIN STD, Screwed Ends as per BSP
5) Material Options : PP (Polypropylene), ISOTACTIC PP, PPH, PVDF (Poly-Vinyli-dene-Fluoride)
6) Hydrostatic Test : At 10 kg/sq.cm.g for Body and Seat.
7) Engineering Options : Screen 20 Mesh, 40 Mesh, 60 Mesh, 80 Mesh, 100 Mesh,120 Mesh, Cover Gasket options ; Nylon / EPDM Rubber / Viton Rubber / S.S. Screen available on request