PTFE Lined Ball Check Valve
MVS PTFE Lined Ball Check Valve is straight type two piece design having Bolted Body Construction. Lined Ball Check Valve is manufactured in Cast ductile iron Full Port Uni-directional body design fully lined with FEP, PFA And PVDF having Flanged Ends as per 150#.
In ptfe lined ball check valves under normal flow the valves solid PTFE ball is pushed away from it’s seat and fluid flows through the valve, in a backwards flow condition the ball is pushed firmly back into it’s seat and prevents flow through the valve stopping process contamination etc.
The valve has a Split 2 piece design with FEP / PFA lined ductile iron body and stainless steel fasteners. Its use of FEP and PFA means that it has near universal process corrosion resistance. The valve has a full port developed especially to minimise any pressure loss through the valve.
Technical Specifications of Lined Ball Check Valve
1) Design Standard : As per Manufacturer’s Standard
2) Testing Standard : BS 6755 (Part 1)
3) Size Range : 15 mm to 200 mm
4) Flange : As per ANSI B16.5 / B16.42
5) Drilling : ASA #150 /DIN 2632/33 / BS 10 TABLE D, E, F
6) Face to Face : ANSI B16.10 / DIN 3202/BS EN 558-1&2
7) Lining Thickness : 3 to 5 mm
8) Body M.O.C. : Ductile Iron GGG40.3 / ASTM A395, Cast Steel ASTM A216 Gr.WCB, ASTM A351 Gr. CF8 (S.S.304), ASTM A351 Gr. CF8M (S.S.316)
9) Ball : Solid PTFE
10) Lining Material Options : PFA – ASTM D 3307, FEP – ASTM D 2116, PVDF – ASTM D 3322
11) Dimensions : As per BS EN 558-2 Table-6,Series 3.
12) Test and Inspection : Hydraulic Test : Body (Shell) 15 Kg/Cm, Back Seat Test :02 Kg/Cm
13) Spark Test : 15 K.V.D.C.
Salient Features of Lined Ball Check Valve
Extremely Effective in preventing backflow or back pressure in Vertical Installation.
Full Size Port for maximum capacity.
Practically 100% Maintenance Free due to presence of single moving part.
Fully Lined Design to eliminate surface contact which gives maximum corrosion & contamination resistance
PTFE Lined Ball Check Valve can be installed in either direction. (Vertically or Horizontally).
The solid PTFE smooth finish ball is used having the same properties as FEP/PFA assured tight sealing against reverse flow.
The full port design offers excellent flow characteristics to minimize pressure loss.
This minimum cracking pressure required to unseat the ball in the vertical position is 1 psi.
Fully locked-in, unpigmented FEP / PFA uniform lining through out body and face area helps to prevent blowout or collapse of the liner under full vacuum / high pressure
Installation of Lined Ball Check Valve
When Installed Vertically (or upto 60° angle) check valve close automatically because of centre guided ball.
When Installed Horizontally (90° to 60°), the valve close automatically if the back flow related to water is 1.5 – 2.5 m/sec.
Full Bore when valve is opened. i.e. Low Pressure Drop condition.