PTFE Lined Pipe
MVS PTFE lined pipe system can be the most economical solution for conveying or treating highly corrosive fluids under severe service conditions. MVS manufactures PTFE lined pipe in 1″ to 12″ sizes in various grades of metal systems, from carbon steel to stainless steel. These ptfe lined pipes are available in ANSI Class 150, Class 300 and DIN flange dimensions. Options such as vent hole extensions and special paint are available.
Our performance ptfe lined piping systems are manufactured using innovative fluoropolymer processing technology, ensuring products are of the highest quality and will provide long-term performance. Pipe liners are manufactured using the paste extrusion process to increase permeation resistance, produce a smooth interior surface and provide improved structural stability.
Technical Specification of PTFE Lined Pipe
1) Size Range : 25 mm to 300 mm
2) Max Available length : 3000 mm
3) End Connection : One Flange Fixed and Other Flange Loose, Both Flange Fix.
4) Pipe Specifications : Carbon Steel Seamless Pipes confirm to ASTM A-106 Gr. B, Sch. 40, ASTM A312 TP 304 / 316 : SCH.-40
5) Flanges & Collar : Made IS 2062 Plates, ASTM A105, CF8(SS304), CF8M (SS316)
6) Flange Dimensions : DIN PN10/16, BS 10, ASME 150 / 300, Mixed
7) Lining : PTFE Liner Extruded from PTFE Resin as per ASTM F1545-97 (2003)
8) Lining Options : PTFE, FEP, PFA, PVDF, ETFE, PP, HDPE
9) Lining Thickness : Minimum 3.5 mm / 6.0 overall (±1.0 Lining Tolerance)
10) Lining Spark Test : 20 KVDC After lining
11) Hydraulic Test : 29 Kg/Cm2 After Lining
PTFE Lined Pipe Options
Pipe : Jacketed Spool Pipe can be supplied on request
Flanges : DIN PN 10 / 16, BS 10, ASME 300, Mixed
Extras : Earthing Studs / Lugs, Vent Extensions
Material : Stainless Steel
Liner : HDPE / PP
PTFE Lined Pipe Vent Extensions
When the lined piping system will be lagged, please specify that the spools and fittings should be supplied with vent extensions, these 75mm long extension protrude through the lagging allowing the correct venting of the lined equipment.
Venting in PTFE Lined Pipe
All lined piping systems must have vent holes drilled through the steel body. This is for 2 reasons, firstly to vent any gasses that may permeate through the liner witch can be detrimental to liner life to the atmosphere rather than allow them to build up behind the liner trapped within the steel pipe. Pipe spools less than 500mm have 2 off vent holes located centrally, longer spools have 4 vent holes 1 pair located at each end.