Square Port Knife Gate Valve
MVS Square Port knife gate valve are designed for lines with square and rectangular shapes. Square Port knife gate valve are mainly used for discharging bins, tanks, under hoppers for the storage of solids products and for highly charged fluids. The design of the valve improve the discharge and avoid the obstruction of the product. The connection of the valve is by means of flanges and the design may be adapted to each application.
Square Port Knife Gate Valve is a fabricated square or rectangular port low-pressure valve for fluids with high solids concentration or solids, mainly used in bulk handling and silo outlet applications in industries such as Chemical Plants, Power Plants, Food and Beverage, Wastewater Treatment Plants, Mining , Etc.
Square or rectangular port body knife gate valve design for higher flow capacity and minimal pressure drop. Internal design avoids any build up of solids that would prevent valve from closing. Internal gate wedges and guides for tighter shut off.
RECTANGULAR / SQUARE PORT KNIFE GATE VALVE SPECIFICATIONS :
Sizes : Size 8’’ x 8’’ to Size 24’’ x 24’’ (larger diameters on request)
Working Pressure :
8’’ x 8’’ : 35 PSI
10” x 10” : 30 PSI
12” x 12’’ : 30 PSI
14” x 14” : 21 PSI
16’’ x 16’’ : 21 PSI
18’’ x 18’’ : 18 PSI
20’’ x 20’’ : 14 PSI
24’’ x 24’’ : 14 PSI (Above Sizes on Request)
Seat Types :
METAL / METAL
• High temperature
• High density media application
• Positive shut off
• Temperature according to seat material.
• Replaceable seal retainer plates.
Temperature Range : up to 1200°F (650°C)
Materials : Valves are available in solid or wetted parts construction in any weldable alloy, including Stainless Steel, Hastelloy, Inconel, Monel.
Abrasive Service : Optional abrasion and corrosion resistant designs with hard facing available in Stellite, Tungsten Carbide, Pulse Fusion.
Valve Style : Bonnetless Valve, Bonneted Valve
RECTANGULAR / SQUARE PORT KNIFE GATE VALVE DESCRIPTION :
BODY : Unidirectional fabricated type knife gate valve
• Cast monoblock design.
• Internal cast gate wedges and guides allow for tighter shut off.
• Square port design for greater flow capacity and minimal pressure drop.
• Internal design avoids any build up of solids that would prevent valve from closing.
• Standard stainless steel gate.
• Gate is polished on both sides for a greater seal between the packing and the seat.
• Bottom of the gate edge is machined to a bevel to shear off the solids during the final closing stage.
PACKING CHAMBER :
• Long-life packing with several lines of braided fiber plus an EPDM O-ring, with an easy access packing gland ensuring a tight seal.
• Long-life braided packing is available in a wide range of materials.
STEM : Rising & non-rising stem configurations available
• The standard stainless steel stem offers a long corrosion resistant life.
• A standard nipple fitted on the handwheel assembly to lubricate the stem whilst operating the valve for easier operation and a longer life.
• For rising stem handwheel actuators only, a stem protector is provided for additional protection against dust while the valve is in the open position.
YOKE & SUPPORT PLATES :
• EPOXY coated steel (stainless steel available on request).
• Compact design makes it extremely robust even in the most severe conditions.
• Reinforced design is standard starting from size 14’’ x 14’’.
Manual (hand wheel and bevel gear), hydraulic, pneumatic (double-acting cylinder) and electric actuation options available