Plastic Foot Valve
MVS Plastic Foot Valve fulfills functions of a ball check valve and strainer. Our plastic foot valve comes in two piece design in material options of polypropylene (pp, pph, isotactic pp), pvdf and hdpe and is ball type soft seated.
The pvdf foot valves is an optional ball check valve arrangement where a screen is fitted into the inlet end of a ball check valve. This screen is used to filter large debris and solids from a fluid to prevent damage to pumps, clogging of valves and to protect downstream instrumentation. This includes pump inlets, lift stations and drains.
Technical Specifications of Plastic Foot Valve
1) Construction : 2 Piece Ball Type Design, Soft Seated, Toughened Ball, Full Bore.
2) Design & Manufacturing Standard : As per Manufacturer’s Standard
3) Size Range : 25 mm to 200 mm (Flanged Ends), 25 mm to 100 mm (Threaded Ends)
4) End Connections : Flanged as per ANSI B 16.5 (150#), BS 10 (Table D/E/F) & DIN STD, Screwed Ends as per BSP
5) Material Options : PP (Polypropylene), ISOTACTIC PP, PPH, PVDF (Poly-Vinyli-dene-Fluoride)
6) Hydrostatic Test : At 10 kg/sq.cm.g for Body and Seat.
7) Engineering Options : PVDF / PTFE Solid Ball, Available with various elastomer seats like Neoprene, Hyplon, EPDM, Viton for compatibility with different chemicals.
Uniseat / Seal of EPDM or FKM
Ball is the only moving part. It unseats to permit flow in one direction but seals against seat to prevent backflow.
Minimum shut-off of 5 psi
All sizes rated for full vacuum service
Solid thermoplastic ball
Free floating ball allows maximum flow through valve.
No Maintenance as the only moving part is the ball
The solid polypropylene / PVDF ball seated on elastomer seat gives no chance for leakage.
Ball fully supported by guide ribs for full flow & minimum turbulence.
Available with various elastomer seats like Neoprene, Hyplon, EPDM, Viton for compatibility with different chemicals.
Tight shut-off achieved at a minimum of 1 Meter Water Column.
Available in screwed end connections also.